- A step by step guide to rolling out organizational values
A step by step guide to rolling out organizational values25-Nov-2014
How to develop a strategy, plan and budget to roll out values throughout your organization and translate organizational values into behaviors.
Your task in rolling out or communicating organizational values.
You may have been asked to:
- Communicate your organization's new values to different regions, divisions, SBUs or departments.
- Develop a program to translate the new organizational values into behaviors. Get both individuals and teams to act in a way that supports the new values.
- Link your organization's reward systems to the new values.
- Ensure employees practice the new behaviors over and over again, until they become habits.
- Embed your new values into your organization's culture.
How to roll out new organizational values so that they change the way each team and each individual behaves.
But communicating your new values and telling people to live by them is not going to change the way people behave in your organization.
What can go wrong in rolling out new values throughout an organization?
Most new values fail to change either the organizational culture, or the way employees behave towards one another or towards their customers. This is because:
- Communicating values is done in a once-off workshop.
- Employees lack the confidence, skill, and support to do what values require of them.
- Employees are used to working in divisional and departmental silos.
- There is a lack of alignment between the new organizational values and existing organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Employees get confused by mixed messages about what is important.
New values that are communicated once to employees, will not change their behavior.
It takes careful planning and hard work to change an organizational culture so that everyone behaves in ways that support the new organizational values.
You can read a description of the step by step guide to rolling out organizational values and the topics covered under each step.
Go to the free article: Values roll-out: A step by step guide.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.