- Communicate change - celebrate success and aim higher
Communicate change - celebrate success and aim higher14-Jun-2018
Many project teams forget to celebrate at the end of a change or project. They simply focus on the task and when the project is completed, they move onto the next one.
Celebrating success is a crucial part of any project or change. When you have events and newsletters to celebrate the success of a change:
- Managers, change agents and employees feel noticed and recognised. They feel that their hard work has been worthwhile, and they look forward to contributing to future changes in the organization.
- A project or change, on top of a normal job, creates extra stress in the organization. People begin to feel tired and lose motivation once the project is over. By celebrating success, you inject energy and motivation back into the organization.
- By encouraging managers, change agents and employees to share their experiences, and their views on what worked well and should be continued during a future change, and what they would do differently, you begin to create a culture of continuous improvement for managing change in your organization. This means that all the role players get slicker and more efficient with each change you make in your organization.
When planning to celebrate success, you should aim to achieve the following objectives:
- To create heroes out of those who contributed to a change.
- To create positive memories of success so that people will want to work on future changes.
- To improve on the way you manage change in your organization.
Everyone involved in a change, wants to see that their efforts and successes have been noticed and appreciated.
This member tool shows you how to communicate during the final stage of a change or project. It details who you should communicate to, what to communicate to each role player and how to communicate.
You will need to be logged in as a member to view this tool. If you are already a member, go to:
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.