- How a lack of strategic alignment affects customer experience
How a lack of strategic alignment affects customer experience11-Jun-2018
The spaghetti approach to customer communication.
Many organizations, in their quest to provide their customers with cost effective e-solutions, are allocating their best and brightest people to building on-line systems and apps, and engaging with customers via social media or on-line chats. Older operating systems and staff in call centers, and those dealing with customers by email, are neglected.
Often in their rush to get the new technologies on board, the new on-line systems and apps are not thoroughly tested, before the older operating systems are turned off. Nor are staff in call centers, stores or head office trained to help customers who cannot use the new on-line systems for whatever reason.
So instead of having an organization with systems, processes, technologies and people aligned to support a customer, many companies in the transition phase between on-line and off-line operating systems, are developing misaligned 'spaghetti systems.' These misaligned systems:
- Frustrate, and confuse customers.
- Destroy the company's brand.
- Increase operating cost structures.
- Employ more people who achieve less. Employ more managers to manage the increased staff component and add to the confusion.
- Ensure that customers not only don't want to do business with them, but share their frustrating customer experiences with the organization on social media.
- Reduce the likelihood of future sales.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.