- OD intervention: Build confidence in handling change.
OD intervention: Build confidence in handling change.11-Apr-2014
This short OD intervention is designed to build the confidence of your team in their ability to handle change.
Use this intervention to prepare a team for the emotions they are likely to experience during any change.
In times of constant change, feeling ‘in control’ comes from understanding the cycle of emotions we all go through when we experience change.
You can use this intervention with:
- Any team after an organizational restructure.
- Any team that has been through a major change and now shows signs of poor morale.
- Project teams preparing to implement a project. So they can understand why people react the way they do.
- Anyone planning to introduce a change in the organization. This could include implementing a new strategy, developing a new culture, introducing a performance management system, or any changes to systems and processes.
- It can also be used to help any individual who is experiencing a difficult personal change.
The intervention begins with a presentation that describes the emotional phases people go through, when experiencing a change.
It then provides an activity for individuals to use to understand how they experience change.
This intervention works because:
- Many people fear change because they feel ‘out of control.’ By understanding the emotional phases they are likely to go through in any change, and the way they are likely to feel during each phase, they begin to understand why they feel the way they do. This helps them to feel more in control with being 'out of control'.
- When people go a step further, and apply this model to their own lives - they discover that they have experienced all the phases of change before in their lives. And with each change they have become stronger and wiser. They recognize that they have far more power within themselves, than they ever imagined.
You will need to be logged in as a member to view this tool. If you are already a member, go to:
See other OD interventions in our OD interventions library.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.