- OD intervention: Cascading role clarification workshop
OD intervention: Cascading role clarification workshop11-Aug-2015
This OD intervention workshop will help you to align what leaders and employees do to a new strategy, structure, system or organizational change. It also helps people to find a clear focus when they are confused by too many changes.
Use this intervention after any organizational change that requires people to change what they do to support the change. You will need to clarify roles at every level of your organization whenever you:
A role clarification workshop to get everyone aligned to a new strategy, structure or change - in a way that provides everyone with a clear focus.
- Develop a new strategy.
- Restructure your organization.
- Implement new projects.
- Appoint new leaders or new teams.
- Focus on new goals or priorities.
- Change a business model or organizational design.
- Implement a new IT system or process.
- Introduce a performance management process.
- Change the culture of an organization so people are more responsible or accountable.
- Employees are confused about their roles and don't know what is expected of them.
This short workshop or intervention provides content and activities around:
- What is a role?
- Why you need to be clear about the role you play.
- How a cascading role clarification process works.
- How to clarify your own role, and then negotiate it with your key stakeholders.
- How to delegate non core roles to your direct reports and communicate your expectations to them.
This OD intervention will help each individual to:
- Clarify what his important stakeholders expect from him
- Develop a clear focus on his/her core roles for the year ahead.
- Simplify his/her job by delegating, outsourcing or stopping non core roles.
- Negotiate priorities, core roles and standards of performance with his boss or important stakeholders.
- Reduce role ambiguity and stress.
- Help each person to perform according to expectations, because each person knows what is expected of him.
You will need to be logged in as a member to view this tool. If you are already a member, go to:
See other OD interventions in our OD interventions library.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.