- OD intervention: Clarify team roles & responsibilities.
OD intervention: Clarify team roles & responsibilities.11-Mar-2014
This OD intervention will help a team to clarify its roles and responsibilities after an organizational change or restructure.
When an organization changes its strategy, structure, values, or vision, teams need to change the roles they play in order to support the new focus of the organization.
But adding more and more responsibilities onto a team that is already overloaded with work, causes unnecessary stress in a team.
- Teams with too many roles and responsibilities often struggle to identify their priorities.
- They often neglect what is important to the future, in favor of what they feel comfortable doing.
- They fail to identify the 20% of roles that will contribute to 80% of their success.
- Sometimes they try to do everything. But too many roles and responsibilities, means that some responsibilities fall through the cracks. They work harder or longer hours. They become less effective. They get stressed. They experience more complaints. They become negative. Morale suffers.
This intervention helps a team to review and spring clean their roles and responsibilities.
It helps them to focus on the 20% of roles they need to play, in order to achieve 80% success.
An activity to help teams re-evaluate their roles and responsibilities after an organizational change.
It helps the team to choose which roles and responsibilities they should stop doing, continue to do, and start doing - in order to be successful in the future.
By reducing unnecessary roles and responsibilities, the team is able to make space in their workloads to take on new roles related to helping their organization achieve its future vision, strategy, goals or projects.
You will need to be logged in as a member to view this tool. If you are already a member, go to:
See other OD interventions in our OD interventions library.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.