- Strategy workshop - the roles a CEO plays during a strategy workshop.
Strategy workshop - the roles a CEO plays during a strategy workshop.18-Sep-2013
What does the CEO do during a facilitated strategy workshop?
As a CEO, even if you have hired a facilitator to run your session, you will need to play a number of important roles during your strategy workshop.
At times you will act like a leader - opening and closing the workshop. At other times you will act like a delegate and get involved in the workshop activities. At certain times you will be called upon to use your leadership prerogative and make a strategic choice. During group sessions, you will need to encourage the managers in your group to think creatively and to contribute to group discussions. And throughout the workshop, you will need to play the role of a role model, as your managers will copy how you behave.
This guide shows you 7 roles played by CEOs during a facilitated strategy workshop. It shows you when and how to play each role.
During your strategy workshop, know when to act as the CEO, and when to act as 'just one of the team.'
- How to set the tone for the workshop in the CEO's opening speech.
- When and how to act as just 'one of the team.'
- Symbolic leadership. How to act as a role model.
- When to provide feedback to the facilitator.
- When to use your leadership prerogative to make strategic choices.
- How to end the workshop on a positive note.
- How to ensure your managers leave the workshop feeling excited about the future.
Go to the member guide: Strategy workshop: The CEO's role.
Or get the full book. Strategy for CEO’s. A step by step guide.
This practical book for CEO’s and strategists, will lead you step by step through all the tasks you need to do, in order to develop a powerful strategic plan or common vision for your organization. A strategy that you will be proud to present to your board of directors or parent company, and has the support of your management team and important stakeholders. A corporate plan you can use to guide your organization into the future.
Contents of the CEO Strategy - a step by step guide
When to do strategy.
The step by step guide to strategy.
1. Plan your strategy workshop
- Identify strategic issues.
- Clarify workshop objectives.
- Identify workshop challenges.
- Plan the workshop content.
- Plan the workshop process.
- Plan the time.
- Select the delegates.
2. Prepare for your workshop
- Collect strategic information.
- Prepare workshop materials.
- Organize workshop logistics.
- Manage delegate expectations.
3. Run your strategy workshop
- The CEO's role during a strategy workshop.
- The facilitator's role during a strategy workshop.
4. After the workshop.
- Write your strategic plan.
- Evaluate your strategy.
- Plan to implement your strategy.
Strategy for CEOs: A step by step guide is available from Amazon.
If you are weary of strategy retreats that go nowhere and achieve nothing, and want to develop a powerful strategy for your organization, then this book is for you.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.