- The CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning
The CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning01-Oct-2013
How to develop a strategic plan or common vision for an organization.
What do you want from your strategic planning process?
Do you need to develop a strategic plan or common vision for your organization that:
One of the most important roles of a CEO is to develop the strategic plan for the organization.
- Provides clear direction to your organization?
- Helps your leadership team to focus on the 20% of leadership activities they need to engage in, to deliver 80% of the results they want?
- Your leadership team can use to guide their decisions?
- Guides your budgeting, goal setting and performance management processes?
- Allows every individual in the organization to see how the work they do contributes to the organization's future?
- Helps the team make tough strategic decisions on issues they have been grappling with?
Do you need to develop a common vision that all members of your leadership team are committed to? One that you can present to your board of directors?
What can go wrong when running a strategic planning workshop or retreat?
- The workshop is nothing more than a talk shop.
- Political agendas dominate the discussions.
- Delegates are frustrated when the facilitator doesn't control the group or runs out of time.
- The wrong delegates are at the workshop.
- The discussions are meaningless and achieve nothing.
- The logistics are badly organized and delegates arrive at the workshop angry.
- Delegates are unhappy with the workshop agenda.
- Delegates don't focus on what is happening during the workshop.
- The workshop achieves nothing new. Nothing gets developed. Delegates believe it was a waste of time and money.
- After the workshop, nothing happens. There is no documented plan. Nothing new gets implemented.
- The CEO is left having to come up with a strategic plan on his own to present to the board of directors or parent company. This plan doesn't have the support of his management team.
You can read a description of the CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning, and the topics covered under each step.
Go to free article: The CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning.
Or get the full book. Strategy for CEO’s. A step by step guide.
This practical book for CEO’s and strategists, will lead you step by step through all the tasks you need to do, in order to develop a powerful strategic plan or common vision for your organization. A strategy that you will be proud to present to your board of directors or parent company, and has the support of your management team and important stakeholders. A corporate plan you can use to guide your organization into the future.
Contents of the CEO Strategy - a step by step guide
When to do strategy.
The step by step guide to strategy.
1. Plan your strategy workshop
- Identify strategic issues.
- Clarify workshop objectives.
- Identify workshop challenges.
- Plan the workshop content.
- Plan the workshop process.
- Plan the time.
- Select the delegates.
2. Prepare for your workshop
- Collect strategic information.
- Prepare workshop materials.
- Organize workshop logistics.
- Manage delegate expectations.
3. Run your strategy workshop
- The CEO's role during a strategy workshop.
- The facilitator's role during a strategy workshop.
4. After the workshop.
- Write your strategic plan.
- Evaluate your strategy.
- Plan to implement your strategy.
Strategy for CEOs: A step by step guide is available from Amazon.
If you are weary of strategy retreats that go nowhere and achieve nothing, and want to develop a powerful strategy for your organization, then this book is for you.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.