- The CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning
The CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning01-Oct-2013
How to develop a strategic plan or common vision for an organization.
What do you want from your strategic planning process?
Do you need to develop a strategic plan or common vision for your organization that:
One of the most important roles of a CEO is to develop the strategic plan for the organization.
- Provides clear direction to your organization?
- Helps your leadership team to focus on the 20% of leadership activities they need to engage in, to deliver 80% of the results they want?
- Your leadership team can use to guide their decisions?
- Guides your budgeting, goal setting and performance management processes?
- Allows every individual in the organization to see how the work they do contributes to the organization's future?
- Helps the team make tough strategic decisions on issues they have been grappling with?
Do you need to develop a common vision that all members of your leadership team are committed to? One that you can present to your board of directors?
What can go wrong when running a strategic planning workshop or retreat?
- The workshop is nothing more than a talk shop.
- Political agendas dominate the discussions.
- Delegates are frustrated when the facilitator doesn't control the group or runs out of time.
- The wrong delegates are at the workshop.
- The discussions are meaningless and achieve nothing.
- The logistics are badly organized and delegates arrive at the workshop angry.
- Delegates are unhappy with the workshop agenda.
- Delegates don't focus on what is happening during the workshop.
- The workshop achieves nothing new. Nothing gets developed. Delegates believe it was a waste of time and money.
- After the workshop, nothing happens. There is no documented plan. Nothing new gets implemented.
- The CEO is left having to come up with a strategic plan on his own to present to the board of directors or parent company. This plan doesn't have the support of his management team.
You can read a description of the CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning, and the topics covered under each step.
Go to free article: The CEO's step by step guide to strategic planning.
Click on the link above to go to the article, event, blog post or product mentioned in the announcement.
Choose your membership plan now.