OUR APPROACH TO CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Empower your leaders, managers, and change agents to manage organizational change
Having helped many organizations to implement their strategies, goals and projects successfully, we have learned one simple truth about managing organizational change. Managing change is not about following theories, templates or methodologies. Rather it is about helping leaders and managers to identify and then achieve the benefits that they want from a strategy, project or goal. The best way to do this is not to take away responsibility from your leaders and managers, but rather to empower them with practical & exciting tools, training and mentoring.
Change management is about helping your leaders and managers to achieve the results they want - quicker and easier.
Leaders set goals, create projects and are responsible for achieving results. Therefore change management is a leadership responsibility.
At Change Designs, we empower leaders, managers, project managers, change agents or change managers inside your organization to manage their own changes – in a practical way that they feel comfortable with.
We offer the following to our clients:
Change management consulting and mentoring
Our focus is on helping you to achieve real and meaningful results in a practical way that works for you.
We recognize that every organization is unique. So we offer different change management consulting and mentoring services to different clients.
For some of our clients, we act as a mentor or muse to the CEO or the head of change management, for a few hours a month.
For others, we custom design and facilitate two or three day change management workshops to help them achieve buy-in to a corporate strategy, a new culture or a new project.
For others we work on an ongoing basis, helping them to:
- Develop processes to cascade their vision and values.
- Help with the people side of implementing a new project or system.
- Plan to implement their strategies.
- Train up and equip a team of change agents and middle managers.
- Build their own team of in-house change management consultants.
- Change their organizational culture.
- Empower their teams.
- Empower different levels of leadership.
- Help them get people motivated and effective after an organizational restructure.
- Make performance management real, exciting and useful.
See Ruth Tearle's resume here.
However you choose to work with us, is up to you.
Develop a comprehensive change management strategy
One way to help managers to achieve better results is to help them focus on the 20% of tasks they need to perform, to get 80% of the benefits they want.
This is best done by developing a change management strategy for their organization or project.
We help your leaders, change managers, or project managers to develop a powerful change strategy.
- Takes into account everything that must be done to ensure you achieve the benefits you want from your strategy, goal or project.
- Helps you to focus on the 20% of things you need to do to ensure you are successful.
- Reduces resistance to change.
- Gets and keeps different role players motivated about contributing to your goal, strategy, project or change.
Develop a powerful change management infrastructure.
Do you want to develop your own internal change management capacity? Do you want to use internal change agents to implement change in your organization? We can help you to develop:
- An internal network of change agents. They would be responsible for communicating, motivating, training, coaching and supporting staff in their department, branch or area to manage a change.
- Middle managers who are trained to drive a change in their areas of responsibility and to support their change agents.
- A small steering committee to plan, implement and coordinate changes in your organization.
We provide training, mentoring, custom designed materials and practical toolkits to support each of these roles.
Change management tools and tool kits
Doing complex work is so easy when you have the right tools for the job. Change Designs provides an exciting range of tools and toolkits for supporting leaders, managers, project managers and change agents in managing change. This includes:
- Change cycle cards for managing resistance to change.
- Change agent booklet - to explain the role of a change agent.
- Magic change toolkit. Activity recipe cards for change agents.
- The Change Puzzle kit - for identifying 20% of changes you need to make to achieve 80% benefit.
- Winning the game of change. To develop a change management strategy.
- Mastering personal change book - for understanding how change affects us personally.
- Ride the Wild Tiger book. A change management book that will inspire you and your team.
- Ride the Wild Tiger inspirational cards.
Change management training
Through our tried and tested change management training courses, we help you to train your managers, leaders, change agents and internal change management consultants on the roles they need to play to ensure you achieve the benefits you want out of a new strategy or project.
We offer a wide range of change management training courses. You can either use our facilitators or we offer a train the trainer option, where we train up your HR team or internal change managers and consultants to train your change agents and managers.
The Change Designs Way.
At Change Designs we encourage, coach and equip your managers and change agents so that they achieve their own success.
We do more than simply 'getting the job done.' Using a combination of expertise, well designed training courses, and practical change management tool kits, we help your teams to discover and use their own creativity and power to achieve complex challenges easily. In summary, we help you to unleash the magic within your teams and organization.