5 steps for unleashing your personal brand of magic.
By Ruth Tearle
Be inspired. Inspire yourself!
You are special. You are quite unique. There is no one else who is exactly like you. You have your own hopes, dreams, talents, strengths and experiences. Here are 5 steps you can follow to be inspired and unleash your own personal brand of magic.
1. Know yourself.
We often place limits on ourselves because we see ourselves as no more than our duties, responsibilities and roles. And yet we have so much more to offer the world. By ignoring our passions, hopes and dreams, we stifle our potential. To reconnect with the special side of yourself - your values, ask yourself:
- What gives you energy?
- When do you feel carefree?
- What frustrates or angers you?
- If you had all the money in the world, how would you choose to spend your time?
- Therefore what are your values?
2. Be yourself.
It takes courage to live your own life. Many people only accept you when you fit into their plans.
Being yourself means making the decision to live according to your personal values. This takes courage as many people will accept you only if you fit into their plans, and live according to their expectations.
To do what makes you happy requires overcoming three needs:
- The need for others to think your are important.
- The need for others to accept you.
- The need for money in the short term.
3. Take time to dream.
Don’t ignore your dreams.
They contain the seeds of your own personal magic.
The seeds of your own personal magic will appear to you in dreams and day dreams. Take notice of those precious moments when you imagine yourself doing something different in the future. Write down those thoughts that makes you feel good about yourself. Dreams are powerful because they remind you of your special purpose in life. Be inspired by your own dreams of what you could be.
4. Believe in yourself.
They will say "You aren't enough."
But you are!
Achieving a dream is never easy. Many people around you will tell you why you don’t have the power to achieve your dreams. They will say you aren’t ‘enough.’ You don’t have ‘enough’. But you do. You have the energy, creativity, courage, determination and persistence to find a way to make it happen. If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
5. Take a step towards your dream - every day.
It is your own energy,
that will make you successful.
The first and hardest lesson to learn about success is to recognize that achieving your dream is up to you. While its always good to share your excitement with others, don't expect too much from them. Others may say they want to help you, but remember, your dream is energizing you – not them. And it is your energy that is going to make it happen. However, people do love energy. So share your excitement and dreams without expecting anything from them.
To do this you need to have:
- The courage to take the first step towards your dream.
- The discipline to do a little each day towards your dream.
And while you are progressing on the most amazing adventure of your life, remember this.
- Don’t waste time worrying over things you have no power to control.
- Focus on doing something small each day that will move you in the direction of your dream.
- Take enough small, positive actions and the results will come. You simply need to be patient.
- When obstacles appear in your path, don’t get despondent. Get creative. There is always another way to achieve the same result.
- The more barriers you step over, the stronger you will become.
- Treat yourself as though you were your own best friend.
- Reward yourself. Because you are the only one who will.
- Enjoy the journey as well as the success at the end.
Be inspired. Believe in yourself. Be yourself.
You may also like:
- Personal development resourcesA library of articles, tools and guides you can use to develop and inspire yourself.
- Motivational resources Books and cards to motivate and develop yourself.
Choose your membership plan now.